050405 – Economics is reputable!
How reputable is it to be an economist? Being an educated, expert in their field, talented, business-oriented economist means having an excellent reputation. But, are economists in demand in labor market? At a time when the economy of our country is rapidly diversifying, where a wide place is given to the private sector and innovative ideas, there is real a lack of competent and entrepreneurial economists, and this makes this acute shortage into a serious demand for them.
An economist is a person who can work almost anywhere: at all enterprises, public or private, both in large corporations and small enterprises; i.e., an economist is in demand in all areas where there is an economic activity. Any company needs control over spending, correct calculation of funds, continuous analysis of the economic activity, and only an economist can fill these needs. A person with a university degree in economics can work as an accountant, an auditor, a labor economist or planning, as well as a finance or sales manager, a banker, in an insurance company, public official, that is, everywhere.
By holding this position one can earn a high salary by performing very important mental work; according to statistics, today the highest salaries in the areas of economy are paid to those working in finance, banking and insurance, and have great opportunities for career advancement.
Having become an economist, you will have:
- a reputable position;
- an opportunity to be promoted to a position in a steady company;
- a wide range of opportunities for career development;
- a lot of business trips and jouyrneys are there for you;
- mental work;
- an apportunuty to receive a high salary or income;
- a demand in the labor market.
But, at the same time, there are difficulties for those who hold this specialty: a large number of young economists in labor market and too much competition. But, who wins in such a competitive environment? Of course, those who have personal traits listed above and a diploma of the National Aviation Academy!
You may have a question! Why is it so? The reasons are:
- MAA bu gün ölkəmizdə dünya standartları səviyyəsində qurulmuş, çox güclü maddi texniki bazaya və tanınmış, şöhrətli alimlərdən ibarət professor-müəllim heyətinə malik möhtəşəm ali təhsil ocağıdır və burada təhsil almaq özü bir zövq məsələsidir;
- the rector of the high school is a world-renowned scientist, a wonderful person, a caring manager;
- there are 2 academicians, 4 corresponding members of the National Academy of Sciences, more than 50 doctors of sciences, full professors, more than 100 Ph.Doctors. and associate professors among the teaching staff of the academy;
- the academy diploma is of a special privilege in the labor market;
- subjects are taught to students in groups of up to 15 people; i.e., classes are held in a form similar to mobile groups;
- the rating system for assessing students' knowledge is constantly developing;
- there is a tutoring system there;
- active forms of training, such as case studies, business games, situational tasks, etc. are being applied;
- the NAA has a library with far greater access (as well as a digital library), student scientific society, student youth house, student creative team, campus, various student clubs and communities;
- well-known academic economists give lessons at the Department of Economics;
- there are student clubs named Economist and Manager at the faculty of Economics and Law.
Today, each applicant has a chance to see and take advantages of the above-listed and other advantages of the academy. To get this chance, you just need to bacome a student of the NAA. But, what skills students of the NAA, who choose Economics will acquire and what subjects they will study for?
Based on academic merit, students in Economics will acquire the following knowledge, skills and competence in:
- identification, analysis and evaluation of forms, methods and characteristics of state intervention in the regulation of modern economic processes;
- analysis and forecasting of indexes characterizing the role and use of individual resources at the present stage of economic development;
- search, analysis and evaluation of economic information with a view to substantiate the country's foreign economic policy;
- analysis of economic indicators characterizing the foreign economic activity of public and private organizations;
- organization and maintenance of work in government bodies implementing the country's foreign economic policy;
- management of departments of public and private organizations developing a strategy for economic activity;
- organizing and managing the activities of organizations with different organizational and legal forms in the world market of trade, finance, tourism and other services;
- possession of extremely serious, responsible and important functions in international economic organizations, such as providing and representing the country's foreign economic policy.
050405 - Students specializing in Economics are provided the knowledge stated below:
Students along with acquiring a complete knowledge of the basics of theoretical economics and terminology of macroeconomics will also acquire other innovative knowledge and abilities: analysis of an open economy and the ability to propose using theoretical models, mathematical techniques, quantitative and computational methods, work with any of the general and specialized programs (Excel, Word, Power Point, Photoshop) and analytical programs (SPSS, Stata, Python); will build a simple analysis, study statistics in order to analyze and systematize economic data, econometrics - to solve problems arising from the empirical study of economic data; analysis of financial statements with knowledge of accounting, the financial sector and markets, the latest trends in the development of financial markets, regional and sectoral analysis of the economy, agriculture, industry and services, their role and importance as the economy grows; macroeconomic picture of the national economy, dynamics of socio-economic indicators, the main contours of economic policy, sectoral analysis, scientific, theoretical and conceptual foundations of marketing activities, existing problems in management and organization, business management, project management, basic knowledge in economic modeling; the role of the public sector in the economy, economic analysis, the field of macroeconomic diagnostics, labor market activity, comparative analysis of the economy of different countries in the international economy, international business, international trade, balance of payments, international finance, financial and accounting statements of enterprises.
Graduates, who have successfully completed the curriculum will acquire the following general competencies:
- the skill of oral and written communication in the Azerbaijani language, according to the specialty;
- communication skill, at least in one foreign language, according to the specialty;
- systematic and full knowledge of the historical, legal, political, cultural, ideological foundations of the Azerbaijani statehood, its place and role in the modern world;
- the ability to identify the threats and challenges facing our nation state;
- the use of information technology in the workplace;
- ability to work in a team, achieve a common approach to problem solving;
- adapting to new conditions, showing initiative and striving for success;
- identification and selection of additional information resources for resolving problems;
- analysis, generalization and application of relevant information for professional purposes;
- planning and organizing of professional activities, improving further education and existing skills; managing time and completing assignments timely;
- be able to give priority to social and environmental responsibility, civic consciousness, ethical approach and quality in ones' work;
- with a view to develop their knowledge and skills, be able to reconsider the situation and yourself; capacity for self-criticism;
- analysis of complex systems, find and understand connections, principles of connection between systems in different areas and at different levels; work in uncertain conditions (the competence of systems thinking);
- understand and evaluate various options for the future (probable, improbable and desirable), form a clear idea of the future, evaluate possible results of activities, take into account the risks and ongoing changes (the predictive competence);
- the ability to collectively develop and implement innovative solutions aimed at ensuring and increasing resilience at the local and higher levels (the competence of strategic vision);
- the ability to learn from others, to understand the needs, thoughts and actions of others (empathy), to resolve conflicts that have arisen in a group, be able to participate in a collective and multilateral cooperation with a view to resolve problems (the collective work competence);
- analysis of accepted norms, approaches and opinions, to critically assess their views and actions, standing their ground in discussions on sustainable development (the ability of critical thinking);
- be able to critically assess their role in society (the self-awareness);
- use other approaches with a view to resolve difficult problems, the ability to make comprehensive and fair decisions based on the listed competencies (the competence of complex problem solving);
- understanding and a comprehensive analysis of different views and approaches, broad integration and the ability to generalize different points of view in the context of growing diversity in the world (the multicultural approach and openness);
- to form intersectoral approaches and the ability to make decisions (the intersectoral communication).
Dear Applicants! To find all said above, choose the NAA and the specialty of Economics. Congratulations in advance! You have made the right choice!