The specialty of Information Technologies – 050616 is a set of operations that serve the functions of collecting, receiving, accumulating, protecting, processing and transmitting information in an organizational structure using computer facilities.
The purpose of information technology is the formation and use of quality information resources, in accordance with the requirements of the user. Information technology means include mathematical, software, information, technical and other means. Currently, almost all organizations need information services that process large amounts of information. As the world becomes more and more technologically advanced, the demand for IT specialists is growing.
The formation and improvement of information technology is one of the key factors in society. The spread of information technologies changes people's lives, facilitates work, gives more free time, contributes to the development of economic, cultural, educational and other areas.
050616 - Students specializing in Information Technologies are provided the knowledge stated below
- "Information Technologies" fundamentals are presented including various types of computer devices and network technologies. This course provides an extensive introduction to the necessary tools and applications that students need to become successful specialists in IT. Students will study the main information technology in human-computer interaction, information management, programming, network connection, web systems and technologies, as well as information support and security.
- Stages and methods of problem solving on the computer; general principles of building algorithms; concept of programming system; program structure; teaches how to create and use data types, operators and operations, control structures, arrays, rows, indicators, files, subprogrammes.
- Modern programming languages, their development, advantages and disadvantages; C ++, Python programming languages, program development, modular programming; data description, type declaration, program structure, operator and commands; development and implementation of applications for the Internet; teaches the properties and techniques of object-oriented programming models, classes and object concepts.
- Data modeling; normalization; relational model; database creation; language of query; simple and complex queries; teaches to establish a connection with conceptual modeling, hierarchical, network and relational models, database.
- This course provides a convenient and efficient interface between user programs and computer devices. It is necessary to know the basic principles of building modern operating systems, architecture of Windows, Unix, Linux, Mac OS and mobile operating systems; to instill in students the basic functions of operating systems, utilities, anti-virus packages, various network protocols used in the building of modern computer networks, hardware and software.
Information security and core properties; danger and threats to information resources; data leakage channels; cryptosystems; encryption techniques; steganography; methods of information concealment; network security; security attacks; digital signature technology; teaches to apply security measures to protect computers and information from cyber attacks and prevents from unauthorized use.
Graduates of "Information Technologies" can work in mechanical engineering, oil refining and chemical industries, nuclear energy, instrument making, telecommunications, transport systems, as well as in banking and commercial organizations. Specialists working in this area are engaged in research, development, implementation and support of information technologies and systems. Their professional practice is targeted at information processes, technologies, systems and networks, their instrumental support, means and methods of design, production and operation of information technologies and systems in various spheres of human activity. Their main goal is to ensure maximum use of information technology in the area where graduates work.